(Virtual Showroom): The new range of control units from Pepperl+Fuchs allows users to literally have everything under control. Designed with type of protection Ex de eb, the LRP series models offer a clever solution for switching and controlling circuits in hazardous areas that are designated ATEX/IECEx Zones 1/21 and 2/22.
Made of durable yet lightweight polyamide, the control units comply with IP66 degree of protection and feature a concealed silicone rubber gasket that ensures that the enclosure benefits from a long-term tight seal. Combined with the wide temperature range of -40 °C to +55 °C, the solutions can be easily used in harsh ambient conditions and outdoor areas.
Up to five control elements in one control unit
The key feature of the LRP series control units is their exceptionally high degree of flexibility for configuring individual switching and control solutions. For this purpose, Pepperl+Fuchs offers five different enclosure versions, each of which can be installed with a variety of different operating elements from the broad Pepperl+Fuchs portfolio (e.g., push buttons, mushroom buttons, LED indicators, emergency stop buttons, and rotary actuators).
In addition to three compact enclosure sizes for space-saving installation of one to three operating elements, the explosion-protected LRP series includes two flexible enclosure sizes. These enclosures are ideal for integrating especially large switches or monitoring functions, such as ammeters and voltmeters from the Pepperl+Fuchs portfolio. Alternatively, these two enclosure sizes can accommodate up to five standard operating elements when installed fully expanded—a high degree of functionality that is unique on the market. What's more, three different label sizes allow for individual labelling even when using operating elements of different sizes. If necessary, two cable entries can be mounted in parallel on the bottom of the enclosure for simplified wiring. For all five enclosure versions, the grounding point is ideally positioned on the enclosure and is removable to avoid obstructions during installation.
Highlights of the LRP control units
- Industry-leading function-to-size ratio: installation of up to five operators enables operation of multiple functions in a small unit.
- Custom labelling: various sizes of label holders even for fully equipped units.
- User-specific configurations: up to two cable entries on the same face for space-saving installations.
- Application flexibility: well developed range of enclosures that can easily accommodate large operators or ammeters.
- State-of-the-art: broad product portfolio with modern, lightweight and durable design.
- Easy access and wiring: ideally positioned, removable grounding point.
- High durability: Concealed gasket ensures reliable IP66 degree of protection.
- Professional support and advice from local and international electrical explosion protection experts.