(Virtual Showroom): German sensor pioneer Pepperl+Fuchs is breaking new ground in ultrasonic sensor technology for CAN-based applications in mobile machines. For the first time, machine builders can now use E1-approved ultrasonic sensors with an integrated CAN interface in their mobile machines—making the costly and time-consuming integration of additional CAN interfaces a thing of the past!
Convenient sensor configuration via CAN
The latest addition to the proven "L2" product family from Pepperl+Fuchs enables convenient configuration of all sensor functions via CAN on a PLC, a PC (via DTM) or via a USB-CAN converter. Precise interference target suppression and adjustable sound beam width allow optimal adaptation to the application. Protruding machine parts that could cause interference can simply be suppressed, while the sound beam can be adjusted without loss of measuring range. Due to the autonomous synchronisation, several ultrasonic sensors can be operated in close proximity to each other without any problems.
IP68 ultrasonic sensors with AMP and DEUTSCH connectors
Once successfully parameterised, the new L2 CAN sensors demonstrate the full strength of Pepperl+Fuchs’ industrial ultrasonic technology. Distances are reliably measured regardless of material, surface structure, and colour—even under the most difficult environmental conditions. Degree of protection (IP68), high EMC resistance, and an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C, are testimony to the robustness of the sensors. To simplify the wiring of the devices on mobile machines, connections such as AMP and DEUTSCH are available in addition to variants with the round connectors commonly used in industrial automation.
Highlights of the L2 ultrasonic sensors with CAN interface
- Uniquely combined: robust ultrasonic technology with integrated CAN interface.
- Optimised for vehicles and mobile equipment—CAN interface and special connector options enable easy integration.
- Extremely robust due to extended temperature range, degree of protection (IP68), and optimum EMC properties.
- Reliable distance measurement independent of target material, surface structure, and surface colour—even in harsh environments.
- Versatility: Broad range of applications solved with one compact sensor that offers interference target suppression, automatic sensor synchronization and adjustable sound beam width.